We are excited to re-open for in-person worship on Ash Wednesday at First Lutheran Church, but we do so with caution and COVID-19 safety protocol.
All attendees are highly encouraged to register online prior to attending worship. This will allow us to plan and prepare ahead of time. Our desire is to welcome all who want to worship in-person. We will have seating available for everyone, but can not guarantee seating in the Sanctuary for all given our capacity limitations. Socially distanced overflow seating will be available, if needed.
In-person communion and the Imposition of Ashes will be offered at the conclusion of the worship service. You will be asked to exit the Sanctuary immediately after and avoid mingling in the Gathering Area.
Please note the following safeguards and requirements before registering for worship.
- All attendees should maintain six feet of distance between each other, except for members of the same family or household.
- Attendees will sit in every other row, and at least 6 feet of space must be maintained between individuals & households.
- Those who are sick should not attend
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided at entrances.
- All are required to wear facemasks.
- Seats and regularly touched surfaces will be disinfected after each service
Thank you for respecting this new way of worshiping at First Lutheran Church. We look forward to seeing you.
Note: If you are uncomfortable with attending in-person worship at this time, please know we understand. However, if you desire to receive communion and the imposition of ashes by one of the pastors, we are offering both in the Sanctuary 45 minutes following both services or until 1:30 pm and 8:00 pm on Ash Wednesday. Just walk in the main entrance under the Portico and come directly to the Sanctuary where one of the pastors will be waiting for you. No registration is needed.